Welcome to "Them What Brung Us"

Print Bookmark

 Minters Chapel Cemetery, Tarrant Co., Texas, United States


Latitude: 32.886191, Longitude: -97.061960
Minters Chapel Cemetery

Notes:
At Cemetery on W. Airfield Drive, .25 mile north Glade Road intersection at DFW Airport, Grapevine

Soon after lay Minister Green W. Minter (1803-1887) moved here about 1854, he helped organize Minter's Chapel Methodist Church. His son-in-law James Cate set aside 4.1 acres here for a church and burial ground. The earliest marked grave is that of A.M. Newton in 1857. Many tiny graves indicate a high child mortality rate. The early log meetinghouse was replaced in 1882 by a frame structure. In 1967 the Dallas-Fort Worth Regional Airport acquired the land, except for this 1.5-acre cemetery, and the church was relocated. (1979)


Headstones

 Thumb Description Status Location Name (Died/Buried)
Edward Milford Burgoon
Edward Milford Burgoon
(1865 - 1895) 
Located    Edward Milford BURGOON (d. 11 Aug 1895)
 
Effie M. Burgoon Crowford
Effie M. Burgoon Crowford
(1863 - 1899) 
Located    Effie M BURGOON (d. 1 Aug 1899)
 
Henry and Mary Victoria Burgoon
Henry and Mary Victoria Burgoon
Henry (1834 - 1911)

Mary Victoria (1842 - 1928) 
Located    Mary Victoria BOALS (d. 27 Jan 1928)
Henry Amos BURGOON (d. 16 May 1911)
 
Homer T. Burgoon
Homer T. Burgoon
(1883 - 1900) 
Located    Homer T BURGOON (d. 28 Feb 1900)
 
Jesse E. and Lena Cope Burgoon
Jesse E. and Lena Cope Burgoon
Jesse (1878 - 1931)

Lena (1897 - 1980) 
Located    Jesse E BURGOON (d. 5 Jul 1931)
 
Rosser Inman Burgoon
Rosser Inman Burgoon
(1881 - 1937) 
Located    Rosser Inman BURGOON (d. 25 Jun 1937)
 


This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding, Version 11.12 ©, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2018.